20.4.09

Dear Burnie

Attn: Mel Bourne
Victoria, Australia
Southern Hemisphere
3000

Dear ‘Burnie.

Got some news for ya. Start spreadin’ it. I left you again the other day. Yeah, that’s right. It’s been real. Lookin’ to find me a new pair of shoes because my old pair of vagabond’s fell apart – the gaping holes in the souls were soaking up your wet puddles ‘n made my mismatched socks stink like wet dog. Can’t blame you for that I guess. I go through vagabond shoes like boxes of Savoys. It was great to see you again, though I can’t deny that you and the whole wet dog foot situation gave me a nasty bout of the little town blues in those weeks I came back to ya.
Thankfully, they’ve pretty much melted away and, once again, I feel a part of it.
I gotta say though, you sleep too much for my liking. I want to wake up somewhere that doesn’t. So I’m gunna be over here some time, and if I can make it here, I reckon I’ll make it anywhere.
It’s ain’t up to you anymore, bud.
Seeya round Mel.

Love,

King of the Hill,

A Number 1
‘Top of the Heap’
New York, New York

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Meh, Burnie's not for everyone, that is indeed true. I've unfinished business here, I'm on a mission. I don't know if I'll ever complete it, but perhaps it's a mission that will be passed on long after I'm gone. Hopefully I'll make an impact, I can only wait and see. That's what keeps me here, I just can't get rid of the place, no matter where I go. I have too much hope for this place.

So fare ye well until the next time you come to visit. Stay safe and well but most importantly happy. Keep everyone posted, that's an order. :-)